Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Samuel Coutu <Sa...@Rideau.com> on 2007/08/09 22:00:31 UTC

Lazy Loading 1:1 Null

Hi,

I load a User object from IBatis.

IBatis lazy loads the BillingAddress object property from this User.

When I directly use the properties of BillingAddress after IBatis gave
it to me, there is no problem.

But, if instead of directly using the properties, I pass
User.BillingAddress as a parameter to another method, this method
receives a Null BillingAddress object.

Ex:

When BilingAddress is not null

---------

void Method1()

{

            User user = userDAO.GetUser();

            Println(user.BillingAddress.Street);

            // Here Billing address is not null

}

When BilingAddress is null

---------

void Method1()

{

            User user = userDAO.GetUser();

            PrintStreet(user.BillingAddress);

}

void PrintStreet(BillingAddress addr)

{

            Println(addr.Street);

            // Here 'addr' is null

}

Maybe we pass the reference of an object that is not wrapped by IBatis.

Thanks for your help.