Posted to geospatial@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2021/06/14 14:50:20 UTC

Geospatial track in ApacheCon

Hello all

The ApacheCon schedule has been published. It contains a geospatial
track [1] on Tuesday, September 21 with the following presentations:

  * Twelve OGC/ISO standards used in Apache SIS and other projects
  * An introduction to the OGC API - Processes and practical examples
  * Datacubes: Enabling Space/Time Analytics and AI
  * Introduction to new GeoSPARQL features with Apache Jena
  * Processing Geospatial Data at Scale with Python and Apache Sedona
    (incubating).
  * Streaming Geospatial Vector Data with Apache Projects
  * Enabling Mars Exploration with AHTSE
  * OGC APIs: A Suite of Web API Standards for Handling and Exchanging
    Location Data

The last presentation in above list is actually given in another day
(Thursday) in the "API & Microservice" track.

     Martin

[1] https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/tracks/geospatial.html
[2] https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/tracks/apimicro.html#R1010

Re: Geospatial track in ApacheCon

Posted by Gobe Hobona <gh...@ogc.org>.
Thanks George.

Regards,

Gobe

--
 <https://www.ogc.org/webinars>

Re: Geospatial track in ApacheCon

Posted by George Percivall <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Geospatial track in ApacheCon

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Marco

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.
I see a few typos in my abstract. Can they still be edited?

Marco

--

---
Marco Neumann

Re: Geospatial track in ApacheCon

Posted by George Percivall <pe...@gmail.com>.
Another geospatial talk will be in the Community Track:
"A Summary of the 2021 Joint OGC OSGeo ASF Code Sprint"
By Gobe Hobona, Angelos Tzotsos, Tom Kralidis, Martin Desruisseaux
On Tuesday 15:50 UTC

This conflicts with the Geospatial Session on Tuesday, so Jim and I will be working to deconflict.

percivall@apache.org

Posted by Marco Neumann <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gobe Hobona <gh...@ogc.org>.
All,

Another geospatial-related presentation is “A Summary of the 2021 Joint OGC OSGeo ASF Code Sprint ” to be presented in the Community track.

https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/tracks/community.html <https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/tracks/community.html>

Regards,

Gobe