Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr> on 2005/03/23 17:40:05 UTC

HELP: How the DBCP works ? (and the JMXProxy)

Hi all (tomcat 5.5 developers),

In my context.xml, I use a DataSource like this :
<Resource auth="Container" name="myDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource" .../>
So, I suppose the dataSource.getConnection() is taken from DataBase Connection Pool...

1- But How do this works ?

2- If all my contexts have their own DataSource, each context have their own Pool ?

3- How Do I Manage these Pools ?
I'd want to test with the JMX Proxy but I don't succeed in the good URL for asking the only MBean I'm interested in...
I test :
http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?get=%3Atype=RequestProcessor%3C
I have a section with the desired MBean :
Name: Catalina:type=DataSource,path=/myContext,host=localhost,class=javax.sql.DataSource,name="myDB"
But I don't succeed with :
http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?get=Catalina%3Atype%3DDataSource%2Cpath%3D/myContext%2Chost%3Dlocalhost%2Cclass%3Djavax.sql.DataSource%2Cname%3D%22myBD%22%3C&att=maxActive
or something like this...

I need help, please.

Re: HELP: How the DBCP works ? (and the JMXProxy)

Posted by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr>.
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:40:05 +0100
Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi all (tomcat 5.5 developers),
>
> In my context.xml, I use a DataSource like this :
> <Resource auth="Container" name="myDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource" .../>
> So, I suppose the dataSource.getConnection() is taken from DataBase Connection Pool...
>
> 1- But How do this works ?
>
> 2- If all my contexts have their own DataSource, each context have their own Pool ?

No response but I suppose there is one pool for each DataSource...