Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 18:24:03 UTC

InstallAnywhere plugin -- or just use their Ant task?

A friend is using Ant + InstallAnywhere and I told him that I would
look into options for integrating it with his Maven builds. I am
familiar with izPack and other options but his company has an
investment in IA and going to another tool is not desired.

It looks like there is an Ant task provided by IA and right now I'm
planning to leverage that, but I'd also like to hear from anyone else
who is using IA with Maven to hear your thoughts and comments.

Wayne

Re: InstallAnywhere plugin -- or just use their Ant task?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
here is some code

    public void execute()
        throws MojoExecutionException, MojoFailureException {

        Commandline cl = new Commandline();
        cl.setExecutable( new File( this.iaLocation, "build"
).getAbsolutePath() );
        cl.createArg().setFile( this.iaProjectFile );

        cl.createArg().setValue( "-d" );
        cl.createArg().setFile( this.buildWorkdirLocation );

        this.executeCommandline( cl, null );

        if ( this.attachArtifacts != null ) {

            for ( IAArtifact attachArtifact : attachArtifacts ) {

                String type = attachArtifact.getType();
                if ( type == null ) {
                    type = FileUtils.getExtension(
attachArtifact.getFile().getAbsolutePath() );
                }

                projectHelper.attachArtifact( this.project, type,
attachArtifact.getClassifier(),
                                              attachArtifact.getFile() );
            }
        }

    }

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Please also note that before invoking IA,  we still need to do lots of
prep works to create a staging area to place all required files to be
consumed by IA. the prep works are done by various maven plugin such
as resource, dependency, antrun, etc

-D

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Wexler <ry...@iridiumsuite.com>.