Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Elizabeth Carbone <ec...@innoverity.com> on 2001/07/16 04:54:38 UTC

Re:Running james on linux

I am getting an error when I source the run.sh - it informs me that it can't
open a
serversocketaccepter at
org.apache.avalon.blocks.serversocket.socketmanager.openlistener. I think it
specificially mentioned on port 25. I don't remember the exact error message
because Unix (Linux) and I don't get along and I couldn't even figure out
how to cut and paste the message from the console window.  I thought maybe
Linux automatically installed an smtp service on port 25 when it boots but I
didn't see anything in the process list that looked remotely like mail stuff
except for sendmail.   I would appreciate any help anyone can give me!

RE: Running james on linux

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Yeah, you have to diable it in inetd

Re: Running james on linux