Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric Smith <es...@fruitcom.com> on 2002/11/10 20:32:22 UTC

dynamic sizing of label-end() body-start()

I cannot see in the docs how to have the label size automatcally set
by the width of the label.  I am using <number/> with level="multiple".
Accordingly the label may be 1. or 1.4 or 1.4.2.7 or whatever.

Anyone know how to do this?

--
Eric Smith

Re: dynamic sizing of label-end() body-start()

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Eric Smith wrote:

> I cannot see in the docs how to have the label size automatcally set
> by the width of the label.  I am using  with level="multiple".
> Accordingly the label may be 1. or 1.4 or 1.4.2.7 or whatever.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?

Well, fo lists are not very smart objects and without a careful planning
labels may wrap or overlap body. It's a stylesheet author responsibility to
provide provisional-distance-between-starts property value that is big enough
to cater the biggest label may occur in the list, otherwise a label value will
be wrapped. You may consider calculating of
provisional-distance-between-starts at xslt stage according to label length in
em units, for example.

See http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch07.html#d0e5755.
--
Oleg Tkachenko