Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yevgeniy Belman <ys...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/05 21:59:56 UTC

Solrj, drill down, facets.

I am playing with solrj trying to run through a few scenarios one of which
is to "drill down" into a facet. Here, my facet is "manu". I want to narrow
the search by requesting anything that matches "ipod", and falls into an
"apple" manufacturer facet. I am new to Solr/Lucene, my appologies for basic
question.

Thru trial and error i got this line to narrow the facet:
query.add("fq", "manu:apple");

but what does this line do? I didn't notice any result difference.
query.addFacetQuery("manu:apple");

Re: Solrj, drill down, facets.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jan 5, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Yevgeniy Belman wrote:
> Thru trial and error i got this line to narrow the facet:
> query.add("fq", "manu:apple");
>
> but what does this line do? I didn't notice any result difference.
> query.addFacetQuery("manu:apple");

addFacetQuery is equivalent to using &facet.query, which is not the
same as fq (filter query). It is a bit confusing, no question.

	Erik