Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2014/06/18 20:00:06 UTC

tomee redeployment issue

Hi,
I've got some issues with tomee 1.6.0 and redeployment.

deployments are being done with jenkins deploy plugin.

What I see in logs are:
WARNING: Application {http://service.war.app.waastad.org/}InvoiceService has
thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Name "module/Object" not found. while
invoking public javax.ws.rs.core.Response
org.waastad.app.war.service.InvoiceService.getInvoiceById(java.lang.String,java.lang.Integer)
with params [c17594db-ca2b-4563-8eb9-347d488740c7, 19998].

and:

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name "module/Object" not
found.

Im curious about the "module/Object"..
I have'nt tried 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT yet.....

After a tomee restart its OK again.

br hw

Re: tomee redeployment issue

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi JL,
yes I've tried the last tar from tomee
(apache-tomee-1.7.0-20140619.041130-29-plus.tar.gz) and the issue is still
present.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Did you already try with the current trunk?
I can remember something related to redeployment being fixed.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Helge Waastad <he...@waastad.org>.
No problem,
I'm just glad to help.

Regarding solving my issue, I guess I've identified the problem. Not
quite sure whats going on.
Do you think there is a workaround?

DS 1.0.0...nice, I'll have a look :-)

br hw

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Helge,

--
   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com
   agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

   TomEE treibt Tomitribe! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: tomee redeployment issue

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
FYI https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1257

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
needs to be modified to use arquillian controller to start/stop apps as
expected I guess. Shouldn't be that hard if you want to have a try (@Inject
Deployer ...)

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Just created https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/
> examples/bval-evaluation-redeployment
> If we could use this to find the solution for the issue that would be cool.
>
> Andy.

>> Tested also but didnt got it. Having a test showing it would be awesome. I
>> have some ideas where to debug but need to reproduce first
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>  it was a cool test you made, but not necessarily the scenario I got my
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> if you redeploy both apps you will not have any problems.
>>>
>>> This is the scenario:
>>>
>>> 1. deploy app 1 and test App1: OK
>>> 2. also deploy app2 and test App1 : OK

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Just created

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Nice,
I try your config later on.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Created https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/78fe3fd56de0dbf02c84

started a tomee (localhost:8080) then run the test several times. It always
works as expected even if you change valid to something else to get 406
then you get 200 when back to valid.

This just deploys/undeploys both webapp at each run.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I can't reproduce it on trunk.

Do you care scripting (linux or java if possible) a little client to makes
your issue popping up. You can suppose tomee is running on localhost:8080
without any app if it helps.

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Thats great!.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Well fix it for 1.7.0 since we ll remove it in 2.0.0 cause specification
has it in javaee7

Posted by Helge Waastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Helge Waastad <he...@waastad.org>.
No,

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Helge Waastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi,
I've from source now (e2a349b)

Posted by Helge Waastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi Andy,
I'll build tomee from source this afternoon and give you feedback.

As I mentioned,it's not OK in todays snapshot.

Br hw

Sendt fra min iPhone

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.