Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jason <ja...@webpipe.net> on 2000/05/16 21:13:43 UTC

RE: zone.properties

Is it part of the JServ install or is it something I need to create?  JServ
seems to function well up to this point without it.  Do you know where it
comes from?

Site Design, Hosting, and E-Commerce at www.webpipe.net

Re: zone.properties

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Jason wrote:

> Is it part of the JServ install or is it something I need to create?  JServ
> seems to function well up to this point without it.  Do you know where it
> comes from?

It is part of jserv and essential, unless you do not have a servlet zone
with the name "root". So, do you?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

RE: zone.properties

Posted by Daniel Ridings <ri...@holding.gu.se>.
Yes, it appears that it is. In my directory I have this and
zone.properties.default that came along with Jserv.

In my configuration zone.properties is specified in jserv.properties with
the following lines (be kind, I have doctored the file so you are looking
right into my site):

# List of servlet zones Apache JServ manages
# Syntax: zones=[servlet zone],[servlet zone]... (Comma separated list of String)
# Default: NONE
zones=root,daniel,sofia,christian

# Configuration file for each servlet zone (one per servlet zone)
# Syntax: [servlet zone name as on the zones list].properties=[full path to configFile] (String)
# Default: NONE
# Note: if the file could not be opened, try using absolute paths.
root.properties=/usr/local/apache/conf/jserv/zone.properties
daniel.properties=/export/home/ridings/Servlets/servlets.properties
sofia.properties=/export/home/sofia/Servlets/servlets.properties
christian.properties=/export/home/sjogreen/Servlets/servlets.properties

So, if you look at your "zones" in jserv.properties, find "root" and then
see where "root.properties" is pointing, then that is the file you want to
edit for cocoon's sake (maybe it isn't called zone.properties in your
RedHat case (I really hate it when RedHat messes around with file names
and locations), but you should be able to find the right file by
identifying the root.properties=???

I'm off-site this morning. Back in the afternoon.

Best wishes, Daniel

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Jason wrote:

> Is it part of the JServ install or is it something I need to create?  JServ
> seems to function well up to this point without it.  Do you know where it
> comes from?

Daniel Ridings
Managing Director