Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> on 2004/07/23 00:08:12 UTC

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Hi,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/
I've just tried to build on Linux, and it breaks in jki_connect.c on two boxes, SuSE 7.2 and SuSE9, on the first because no in_addr_t, on the second because its defined as struct and not ulong;
furthermore I had exactly the same issue with another project, and we killed in_addr_t usage.
If you do a Google for in_addr_t you can directly see that this is a problem on many platforms, seems to me that some have it defined as unsigned long, others as struct, and the rest doesnt have it defined at all...
I will this weekend examine this further, unless someone beats me...

but I think this is a big showstopper, and we should probably hold the release until this is fixed...

Guenter.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Günter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>I don't get the problems on my 7.2 and 9.0 ;-(
>
> hmm, maybe it's a 7.1, or 7.0 box; I will check;
> but I looked already with man inet_addr and found ulong as return value, and not in_add_t;
> do we have any chance that configure detects if we have in_addr_t or not?

Yes, I will look how it is done in APR.

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/

> Thanks to see if it fix Netware and Windows problems.
all NetWare targets build fine.

> Reports for Suse problems and in_addr didn't appears for JFC and I,
> so I mark them as WORKFORME
I would bet we will get a lot of BZ soon......, but let's see, maybe I'm wrong...

Guenter.

BTW: does anyone else still get the nasty autoresponders?
Since my last post about it now its reduced from 12 to 3, but those 3 are coming all the time when I post something...

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

RE: new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
It builds on WIN32.
Since I already uploaded the binaries, they'll just stay in place, since
nothing actually changed.

MT.

new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Günter Knauf wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef for
>>AS400
>>is the clean way.
>

>>The quick way is adding:
>>+++
>>#if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
>>#include "portable.h"
>>#endif
>>+++
>
> unfortunately it isnt that simple cause I have _two_ different NetWare architectures, a modern one with vsnprintf & friends, and the older one without where I need the replacements:
> for NetWare netscape, jni, apache-1.3 need replacement; only apache-2.0 has vsnprintf coming from the OS...
>
> I had already fixed that in jk_global.h, but if we stay with portable.h I would like to create protable entirely from the Makefile rather than having a protable.hnw for the above reasons - otherwise I would need _two_ : a protable.hnw1 and portable.hnw2; so better I generate it....
>
> I'm very short in time today, but see what I can add to the Makefile....

Well it will be in jk 1.2.7, if we ever release it since I'm a little
borred to see that we still battling against problems fixed by the
use of APR.

I don't know yet what will do with mod_proxy/ajp_proxy, since it appears
that relay via mod_proxy is today 50% slower than with JK and we have to
wait Apache 2.1 to see it, but I feel we should seriously study
our initial idea of mod_ajp using APR and Apache 2.x as main target.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> jean-frederic clere wrote:

>>> The problem is in buildconf.sh: I have fixed it.
>>>
>>> If you leave autom4te.cache in the distribution and someone makes
>>> automake using a different automake than the one you have used when
>>> preparing the tarball *very* strange things will happend...
>>

>> And for the portable.h was could we do ?
>

> Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef
> for AS400 is the clean way.
>
> The quick way is adding:
> +++
> #if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
> #include "portable.h"
> #endif
> +++

You understand why I wish a new JK using ONLY APR.

We spend too many times in such dreaded issues ;(

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.