Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/02 12:25:14 UTC

Big Data Event London, 3-4th November 2016 from Tomorrow

Hi,

For those in London there is this Big Data  <http://bigdataldn.com/>event

There are some interesting talks as per attached schedule.

Anyone coming?

Cheers

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: Big Data Event London, 3-4th November 2016 from Tomorrow

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
I believe this one will cover Hive definitely

Designing databases for Cloud Applications

There are two sides of Big Data: operational and analytical. Operational
data covers how you run your business, and analytical data involves
generating insights from your operations. These are two different problems
that require different approaches to solve them. Jonathan Ellis, CTO at
DataStax will look at the requirements around operational and analytical
data as part of cloud applications and how these issues are driving the
next generation of operational databases that support a variety of data
models.

I am very interested the next generation of Hive with LLAP as an-in-memory
database (not to be confused with LLAP as the execution engine) is
extremely interesting. I am looking forward to query about that and host of
others :)

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Mich,