Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org> on 2002/07/19 17:45:08 UTC

Re: [Mason] [OT] Apache::Session and Apache::Peek-like dumps

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Tobias Kremer wrote:

> SV = RV(0x89b5f28) at 0x8a7baf0
>    REFCNT = 1
>    FLAGS = (ROK)
>    RV = 0x8ac01f4
> SV = RV(0x89dfa50) at 0xbffff060
>    REFCNT = 1
>    FLAGS = (ROK,READONLY)
>    RV = 0x8ac01f4

This looks like what happens when you try to serialize a DBI handle.

> So I played a bit with the session hash assignment and
> ended up stuffing other objects into it. Result:
> Small objects work while bigger ones seem to fail.

Or bigger ones reference a DBI handle internally?

> I must admit that it's only an assumption that it has
> got something to do with the size. Is there something
> like a total size-limit per session?

No.

Also, this is a question better suited for the mod_perl list.  I've cc'd
it there and future replies should not be sent to the mason list.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun