Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de> on 2012/12/26 03:25:41 UTC

render screen within data resource (CMS)

Hey,

i have the following problem:

I use a content / data resource within the CMS module to show a specific
content (type FTL). In HTML Editor in the admin backend I write the content.
That works.

Now I want below this content an included screen (with:
${screens.render("component://ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml#somescreen")})

this screen is rendered now and included, but unfortunatly at the top of the
page. I included it at the bottom, but the CMS module seems first to render
the screens, include them and then add the content I added manually with
html editor. Is this behavior correct? How can I define the position where
to show the rendered screen on this page? Within "real" ftl pages the screen
rendering works fine.

for any help I am happy,

btw. merry christmas :)

thanks

Robert

Re: render screen within data resource (CMS)

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
Hello Winster,

thank you for your message, I know its a late reply from me, but now I need
it urgent :)

your Idea is good as long as I create that screen individual for each
content I create. But what I wanted was:

1. create a content within cms
2. set an product Id or a keyword (solr) to attributes within this content
3. render a default screen for listing this product(s) This default screen
takes the attribute and works with that to show the coresponding products.
so I do not have to create each time an extra screen.

so I think this i cannot do with your idea. But with my mentioned way my
colleagues can create the content sites by themself without telling me to
create a new screen for them or without changing the source files

do you have another idea?

Re: render screen within data resource (CMS)

Posted by Winster Jose <wi...@chathurangam.net>.
Is it possible for you to split your screen as follows?

Screen : User entered data (Content) + some predefined data (preconfigured
ftl)

If this can be achieved, I would have gone for a screen as given below.

<screen name="main-decorator">
        <section>
            <actions>
            </actions>
            <widgets>
                <platform-specific><html><html-template
location="component://xxx/yyy/zzz.ftl"/></html></platform-specific>
                <content content-id="10010"/>
            </widgets>
        </section>
</screen>

Ofcourse you have the flexibility to put conditions inside widgets.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Robert G. <ga...@mercon24.de> wrote:

> Hey Winster,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> So you render the screen like I do, right?
>
> -->
>
> ${screens.render("component://ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml#somescreen")}
> within the FTL...
>
> So this works for me within "real" FTL files as well. But within the CMS
> content (content type FTL) the rendering is done everytime before all other
> things, so the content which is rendered is always on top of the site.
>
> The problem is, that I need this functionality, because I want that my
> people can create content with CMS. With a few extra data, they can include
> screens which I had created.
>
> maybe it is possible to render it in a variable? like:
>
> <#assign test =
>
> ${screens.render("component://ecommerce/widget/CatalogScreens.xml#somescreen")}
> />
>
> and than call it at the target position within the content with ${test}
>
> But with that I do get a "ParseException", within the assign statement.
>
> So i am at a loss :)
>
> any further ideas?

Winster T Jose
Director - Technology and Architecture
Chathurangam Creative Solutions Private Ltd.
Cell: +91-98469 31020
Mail: winster@chathurangam.net

Re: render screen within data resource (CMS)

Posted by Winster Jose <wi...@chathurangam.net>.
I have done the other way around. A screen which has a Content has been
rendered from FTL.

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
I love to push threads, sorry :)

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
btw. It seems to be the same problem like here:

http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Problem-while-rendering-Freemarker-templates-through-CMS-td2316152.html

does anyone has an idea how to fix or work around this?

thanks

Re: render screen within data resource (CMS)

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
Th thing is, that I can create a subcontent. When I call this subcontent
with:
<@renderSubContent subContentId="XXXX" /> within the HTML editor, it works
fine.

Only the rendering of FTL screen definitions is not working - or it works,
but it is always on top of the page, no matter where I render the screen
with:
${screens.render("component://ecommerce/widget/CartScreens.xml#XXXXX")}

anyone an Idea?

Re: render screen within data resource (CMS)

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
has anyone an idea?