Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Günter Dannoritzer <da...@web.de> on 2005/03/10 01:09:39 UTC

svnserve -r option does not work with svn+ssh

Hi,

I started using svn (1.1.3) and have configured the svnserver with ssh.
So I start the server with

svnserve -t -d -r /srv/svn

Now when I want to access this repository I have to fully qualify it,
meaning:

svn list svn+ssh://mydomain.org/srv/svn

If I am not using the tunnel I can access it with:

svn list svn://mydomain.org

I looked through the svn book but did not find any explanation. What is
the difference for that?

Is there a way that I can avoid having to qualify the full path with the
ssh tunnel?

Thanks in advance.

Guenter

Re: svnserve -r option does not work with svn+ssh

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Günter Dannoritzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started using svn (1.1.3) and have configured the svnserver with ssh.
> So I start the server with
>
> svnserve -t -d -r /srv/svn

-t and -d are mutually exclusive. It's a bug that svnserve accepts both.

> Now when I want to access this repository I have to fully qualify it,
> meaning:
>
> svn list svn+ssh://mydomain.org/srv/svn
>
> If I am not using the tunnel I can access it with:
>
> svn list svn://mydomain.org
>

> I looked through the svn book but did not find any explanation. What is
> the difference for that?

Because svn+ssh makes no use of any daemon svnserve.

Max.

Re: svnserve -r option does not work with svn+ssh

Posted by Jim Correia <ji...@pobox.com>.
On Mar 9, 2005, at 8:09 PM, Günter Dannoritzer wrote:

> I started using svn (1.1.3) and have configured the svnserver with
> ssh. So I start the server with

When connection over svn+ssh the svnserver daemon isn't used at all. It
is only used for svn:// connections.

A new svnserver process is started up by the ssh connection. If you
want to use -r with it, you'll have to use the usual ssh tricks.

http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svnusers/archive-2003-08/0548.shtml

Jim