Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohan T <Mo...@ramco.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/13 13:19:39 UTC

Help needed reg Context

Dear All,

We are using Tomcat 8.5 on Suse linix.

We are deploying one of our artifacts as below

hub#app#classic#admin.war

The components are also deployed and the context is also created Successfully.

Is there any other alternative way to set the context other than using # .

[cid:image001.png@01D7C063.1175FF40]

Please guide us.

Thanks

Mohan

DISCLAIMER: This communication contains information which is confidential and the copyright of Ramco Systems Ltd, its subsidiaries or a third party ("Ramco"). This email may also contain legally privileged information. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.This email is intended to be read or used by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this email is strictly prohibited without the express written approval of Ramco. Please delete and destroy all copies and email Ramco at Legal@ramco.com immediately. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Ramco. Except as required by law, Ramco does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please forward this communication to marketing@ramco.com and express your wish not to receive such communications henceforth.

Re: Help needed reg Context

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/10/2021 14:19, Mohan T wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are using Tomcat 8.5 on Suse linix.
>
> We are deploying one of our artifacts as below
>
> hub#app#classic#admin.war
>
> The components are also deployed and the context is also created
> Successfully.
>
> Is there any other alternative way to set the context other than using
> *#*.
>
> Please guide us.

Move the WAR file *outside* of the Host's appBase. i.e. You need to move
it out of the webapps directory.

You then have two options.

1. Recommended
Add a file named
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/hub#app#classic#admin.xml

with the following content:
<Context docBase="/path/to/warfile" />

2. Not recommended
Nest the following inside the Host element in server.xml
<Context docBase="/path/to/warfile" path="/hub/app/classic/admin" />

Mark