Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/05/12 15:42:50 UTC

[FalconJX][FlexJS] Changing location of externs SWCs

Hi,

I've been working on getting FB projects to be able to build the flex-asjs
SWCs including the SWC with COMPILE::JS=true (which we currently also call
an externs SWC but we will probably now call it a "JS" SWC).

I think it will be easier for FB if in an installed FlexJS SDK, the
externs SWCs like js.swc, jquery.swc, gcl.swc, etc are located in a
frameworks/js/libs folder instead of their current location (js/libs).
Any objections or other thoughts?

Thanks,
-Alex

AW: [FalconJX][FlexJS] Changing location of externs SWCs

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
But be carefullreverting your branch ... cause this is where I continued working on the maven build.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 5/13/16, 12:43 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, FDT has a “Use As Runtime Shared Code” checkbox which is enabled by
> >default for playerglobal and js.swc. Those are the two swcs enabled by
> >default if you start a AS project for FlexJS. I’m not sure how it
> >determines that under the hood. Presumably, it’s hard coded.
>
> Hmm.  Do you know if they are expecting js.swc to be in a known place?

I'm pretty sure they are expecting that.

> I'd hate to totally break FDT support.  Maybe I'll give them a couple of
> days before merging these changes.

Please post a note here: http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FDT-3281
This would at least put it in their radar.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well from the maven side both will be created in the modules that contain the source-code, so these changes don't really matter to the Maven build.

Chris
> I've been working on getting FB projects to be able to build the flex-asjs
> SWCs including the SWC with COMPILE::JS=true (which we currently also call
> an externs SWC but we will probably now call it a "JS" SWC).
>
> I think it will be easier for FB if in an installed FlexJS SDK, the
> externs SWCs like js.swc, jquery.swc, gcl.swc, etc are located in a
> frameworks/js/libs folder instead of their current location (js/libs).
> Any objections or other thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex

I am wondering if frameworks/libs/js would be a better location?  This way,
all the swcs are in under frameworks/libs.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] Changing location of externs SWCs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 5/12/16, 10:35 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am wondering if frameworks/libs/js would be a better location?  This
>way,
>all the swcs are in under frameworks/libs.

I think that might result in definition conflicts for people who have
wildcards for library-paths.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.