Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2011/03/01 20:10:11 UTC

GSOC application for ASF / last steps

Hi there,

I plan to submit the application for GSOC within this week. I see we
have three possible co-admins: Rahul Akolkar, Uli Stärk, Mladen Turk.
So all of you are still happy with helping out ? Or someone wants to
step back ? Just to be sure if we need to flip a coin or just choose
the one which replied first....

Thanks,
Norman

Re: GSOC application for ASF / last steps

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Good catch Noirin....

Thanks,
Norman

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 03/03/2011 19:21, Noirin Shirley wrote:
> Excellent :-) Please ask your chair to mention the ASF as a ... I'm
> not sure what they're calling it?
>
> In return, you'll be expected to "mentor the mentors" a little bit, be
> available if they have questions (you can bring them back here if you
> don't know the answers), etc. If it's a research project, I'll guess
> that the mentors are already used to mentoring, so this should be a
> pretty easy task :-)

I would like to add one of my University of Oxford projects too:

Simal - A project registry using DOAP for data harvesting and sharing

http://simal.googlecode.com

Ross

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: GSOC application for ASF / last steps

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Indeed ;)

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Noirin Shirley <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
As far as I understood it help to get new orgs/projects into GSOC. So
for example some project which is hosted on sourceforge or something
like that.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Bertrand,

I thought only one co-admin is possible. So even better. Thanks for
the feedback :)

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
right...

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I plan to submit the application for GSOC within this week. I see we
> have three possible co-admins: Rahul Akolkar, Uli Stärk, Mladen Turk.
> So all of you are still happy with helping out ? Or someone wants to
> step back ? Just to be sure if we need to flip a coin or just choose
> the one which replied first....

<snip/>

Yup, I remain happy to help.

-Rahul

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@apache.org>.
I'm available to help.

Uli

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Uli,

sorry for the delay. My wife became ill and babysitting of my little girl
was a time intensive job lately ;) I will write up a draft tomorrow and put
it up to review tomorrow of monday latest.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Hey Norman,