Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Federico Spinazzi <f....@masterhouse.it> on 2003/10/06 11:54:33 UTC

cannot resolve symbol compilation error

Hy you all,

I'm just experimenting with xmlbeans.

I've copied the following schema from a tutorial
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://masterhouse.it/questo"
     xmlns:qs="http://masterhouse.it/questo">

  <xs:element name="library" type="qs:libraryType"/>

  <xs:simpleType name="idType">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:ID">
      <xs:pattern value="_[0-9]{10}"/>
    </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>

  <xs:complexType name="bookType">
    <xs:attribute name="id" type="qs:idType" use="required"/>
  </xs:complexType>

  <xs:complexType name="libraryType">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="book" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"
type="qs:bookType"/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:schema>

and then I tried to work with the classes generated with the following
command:

c:\sources\xml-xmlbeans\v1\bin\scomp -out lib\questoXmlTypes.jar
src\xml\schema.xsd

I've tried to get an instance of a new LibraryType with the following:

package it.masterhouse.questo.questions;

/**
 * author: fede
 * 3-ott-2003 16.26.47
 * $Revision:$
 */

import it.masterhouse.questo.*;
import junit.framework.TestCase;
import it.masterhouse.questo.LibraryType;

public class TestXmlFactory extends TestCase {

    public void testFoo () {
        LibraryType libraryType = new LibraryType.Factory.newInstance();
    }
}

but then I get a cannot resolve symbol error from javac...
I really don' understand ...

Can someone help me?
Regards,
Federico

Re: [personal] Re: [xmlbeans] cannot resolve symbol compilation error - update

Posted by Federico Spinazzi <f....@masterhouse.it>.
melldrin@lka.nu wrote:

>... =)
>
>Try removing the 'new' keyword before the call to newInstance()... It
>shouldn't be there.
>
>Regards,
>Erik Hansson

What a fool!
Many thanks!

Posted by Federico Spinazzi <f....@masterhouse.it>.
melldrin@lka.nu wrote:

>... =)
>
>Try removing the 'new' keyword before the call to newInstance()... It
>shouldn't be there.
>
>Regards,
>Erik Hansson

What a fool!
Many thanks!
Federico

Re: [xmlbeans] cannot resolve symbol compilation error - update

Posted by me...@lka.nu.
... =)

Posted by Federico Spinazzi <f....@masterhouse.it>.
> but then I get a cannot resolve symbol error from javac...

Well, it would be better if I've included the error message, me stupid:
    [javac]
C:\dev\questo\src\test\it\masterhouse\questo\questions\TestXmlFactory.java:16:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class newInstance
    [javac] location: class it.masterhouse.questo.LibraryType.Factory
    [javac]         LibraryType libraryType = new
LibraryType.Factory.newInstance();
    [javac]                                                          ^
    [javac] 1 error

many thanks,
Federico

[xmlbeans] cannot resolve symbol compilation error - update

Posted by Federico Spinazzi <f....@masterhouse.it>.