Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2009/02/23 17:21:22 UTC

Struts 2.1.7 release

I'm curious what others are thinking about rolling a 2.1.7 release. I think
there have been enough little "gotchas" from the 2.1.6 release that have
been fixed that we should consider rolling a 2.1.7 release soon.

Thoughts?

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Obinna <ob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's great to hear such interest.
>
> Wes, do you have links to any of the existing efforts you mentioned?

JQuery plugin ->
http://code.google.com/p/s2jquery/

Musachy's Strutson ->
http://code.google.com/p/strutson/

My example using JQuery / JPA ->
http://code.google.com/p/struts2inpractice/source/browse/#svn/trunk/ch04ex01

[snip]

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
That sounds good. We might want to start a new thread for this :)

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Obinna <ob...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Me too!

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
I have been talking to Wes about this, and my take on it is that
having an equivalent to the current "bind" tag, using JQuery would
cover most of the simple cases, and would be a good start.

musachy

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
If you can create a patch for the Java templates and attach it to Jira
it would be great.

musachy

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Obinna <ob...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Ronny Løvtangen <ro...@lovtangen.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1.7 release

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Maybe 2.1.8 will be better, even number means stable ;-)

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/