Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Nikolay Borodachev <nb...@adobe.com> on 2015/04/27 20:41:54 UTC

Marathon chage of leader and stalled deployments

Hello All,

I noticed a strange behavior of a Marathon cluster. The cluster consist of 3 mesos/marathon masters and 3 slaves.

Once the cluster is freshly started I can start a process (e.g. httpd) and scale it up and down without any problems. Everything works as it should.
However, if a Marathon leader goes down or gets restarted, the managed processes cannot be scaled anymore. The scaling request gets queued but does not get executed by a new Marathon leader.
I found that if I recycle the current leader until the original server becomes a leader again, the  scaling request would not move.
It is only when the server that used to be a leader when the tasks were created becomes a leader again then these tasks can be scaled.

Is this a known and expected behavior?

Thanks
Nikolay

Re: Marathon chage of leader and stalled deployments

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@mesosphere.io>.
You're most welcome!

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Egor,

you can do that by setting $LIBPROCESS_PORT.

Cheers,
Dario

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Dario Rexin <da...@mesosphere.io>.