Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/06/28 18:10:33 UTC

generated plugin documentation: opinions?

Hi,

Edwin has come up with this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/21233/assembly-mojo.html

Any feedback before I apply it?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/

Re: generated plugin documentation: opinions?

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
There's a guide for configuring plugins and it mentions lists and maps...

    http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-configuring-plugins.html

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Wendy,

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you are asking here. And
thanks for correcting my embarrassing typo :)

- Brett

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 29/06/2006 3:52 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 6/28/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Edwin has come up with this:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/21233/assembly-mojo.html
>>
>> Any feedback before I apply it?
>
> Thanks, Edwin!  I'd probably drop 'type' from the table at the top,
> and just have attribute name and description.
>
> The 'type' isn't very useful to me... when I'm attempting to configure
> a plugin, what does it mean that 'filters' is of type List?

Is'n tit helpful, like the default value, to know what the constraints
are for what you enter? And I'd argue lists are very useful as they

> I assume 'No description' is no longer allowed under the new guidelines. :)

Right :)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It's the wrapping we're trying to avoid:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/stage-deploy-mojo.html

The default will always be pulled out in the list of the verbose
description, I tink it was just suggested that it be in the description
in the top table (always at the end).

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
+1

I see no generated pages showing these anywhere... ( or am I blind? ^_^ )

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
could it show the class lvl phase and goal settings and perhaps if it
requiresDependencyResolution and that sort of thing?

nice improvement though :)

jesse

On 6/28/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,