Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by jeff <je...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/18 20:50:31 UTC

if network is down ...

a request from another user ...

they are asking if there is a way to make ivy:install use from cache only ... for example, network goes down. in this case, ivy:install fails ... but the data is in the cache so theoretically it could just warn the user.

not even sure if this question makes sense ... ?

---------------------------------

Re: if network is down ...

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/07, jeff <je...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> a request from another user ...
>
> they are asking if there is a way to make ivy:install use from cache only
> ... for example, network goes down. in this case, ivy:install fails ... but
> the data is in the cache so theoretically it could just warn the user.
>
> not even sure if this question makes sense ... ?

We will review the cache management in 2.0, so any input is welcome. ATM Ivy
should be able to do the install if you use only static versions, and not
dynamic one. With dynamic versions (like latest, ...), Ivy has to check your
repository. Some have already asked to make it possible to easily say to Ivy
to use the cache only in this case. We will see if we can provide such a
feature in the 2.0 version.

HTH,

Xavier

---------------------------------
> news, photos & more.

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Re: if network is down ...

Posted by Eric Crahen <er...@gmail.com>.
Having an auto-detect that eventually worked would be somewhat handy, even
if slow eventually something good would happen. I'm envisioning sitting a
bus somewhere and typing something like "ant -Divy.offline=true" to by pass
the autodetection and head right to the cache.

--

- Eric

Re: if network is down ...

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.