Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lord Phantos <ph...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/14 00:50:19 UTC

Best practices, exceptions c#

Hi,

I'm writing up a couple of webservices in apache axis 1.2b2, to be consumed
primarily by non-java clients, most notably c#.  What are the best practices
with respect to throwing exceptions?

Thus far I have written some wsdl (hand tweaked from the java2wsdl output),
generated my skeletons, and implemented the method bodies.  As part of this,
I throw a custom exception from each method, which is made up of a string (a
human readable error message) and an int (which maps to a well known error
code).  My c# clients though just get either a whole stack trace (ick) or a
"System Exception" string, which prevents them from checking the status
code.

Any suggestions on how to make this a little more .Net friendly, or in
general a little more non-java friendly?

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.