Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Andrea Stenco <an...@hotmail.it> on 2020/04/21 07:28:11 UTC

Input length

Hi,

I'm trying to use joshua it-en pack. I started taking a document in italian and giving it to joshua as input to translate it. The problem is that I get just the first sentences translated.
I've tried to launch the command  "cat documento.it | ./prepare.sh | ./joshua -v 1", and I get this warning: "WARN - sentence -1 too long 4057, truncating to length 200".
I don't know if that is related, but in any case how can I set joshua to translate the whole document?
And where can I found a list of all the possible joshua options?

Thank you
Andrea

Re: Input length

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

you have to specify the maxlen when calling joshua from command line.
The default (200) is specified here:
https://github.com/apache/joshua/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/joshua/decoder/JoshuaConfiguration.java#L153
Sorry for the late reply, but I hope it helps anyway :)

Regards,
Tommaso