Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2006/03/10 19:08:59 UTC

TapestryFilter...

All,

I had an idea the other day that I voiced on the user list, but I wanted to
hear some feedback from the real gurus!  What if we changed the way Tapestry
is implemented from an actual servlet to a servlet filter?  The
filter-mapping could be "/*" so that it would intercept ALL requests.  If
the request corresponds to a service, then the filter will delegate to the
service to handle it.  If it doesn't, then it just lets it pass right by.
That way, we could enable "friendly URLs" easily without having to change
the web.xml file.  Thoughts?

James

Re: TapestryFilter...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I might be able to try to put a few cycles towards this.  I've never even
built Tapestry before, so it'll take me a couple of days to get moving,
though.

> Seems worth a try, anyone know where we can find a patch? ;)
>
> On 3/11/06, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should try it out.  It shouldn't be that difficult to adapt
>> what
>> goes on in the servlet to a filter.

James Carman, President
Carman Consulting, Inc.