Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jon Cline - Enthusiast, Inc." <jc...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/18 22:48:43 UTC

auto deploy host + context

Hello there.  I am new to this list but glad to have discovered Tomcat. :D

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28.

I have read the docs on auto deployment here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/deployer-howto.html

and cannot find information regarding deploying both a unique <host>
entry as well as a <context>.

I am trying to find a way to place a new WAR in webapps with a unique
host and context to the server without rebooting the entire tomcat
instance.

Up to this point, we have manually added this snipped to server.xml,
placed the WAR with no META-INF directory in the /webapps dir and
retarted tomcat to load a new site:

<Host name="www.enthusiastinc.com" debug="1"
appBase="webapps/www_enthusiastinc_com" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
    <Context path="" docBase="" debug="1"/>
        directory="logs"  prefix="www.enthusiastinc.com_access_log."
suffix=".log"
        pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
</Host>

jc

Jon Cline
Chief Product Evangelist
Enthusiast, Inc
www.enthusiastinc.com
jcline@enthusiastinc.com
626.256.3505

*Need help?  Email support@enthusiastinc.com

auto deploy host + context

Posted by "Jon Cline - Enthusiast, Inc." <jc...@enthusiastinc.com>.
Hello everyone,  i have the same question here except now we are using
tomcat 5.5.18.

any thoughts?  i hear there is some host-manager but I can't find any
info on how it works or whether or not it allows hosts to be deployed
on a running server.

thx.

jc

On 3/18/05, Jon Cline - Enthusiast, Inc. <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there.  I am new to this list but glad to have discovered Tomcat. :D
>

> I have read the docs on auto deployment here:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/deployer-howto.html
>
> and cannot find information regarding deploying both a unique <host>
> entry as well as a <context>.
>
> I am trying to find a way to place a new WAR in webapps with a unique
> host and context to the server without rebooting the entire tomcat
> instance.
>
> Up to this point, we have manually added this snipped to server.xml,
> placed the WAR with no META-INF directory in the /webapps dir and
> retarted tomcat to load a new site:
>
> <Host name="www.enthusiastinc.com" debug="1"
> appBase="webapps/www_enthusiastinc_com" unpackWARs="true"
> autoDeploy="true">
>     <Context path="" docBase="" debug="1"/>
>         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>         directory="logs"  prefix="www.enthusiastinc.com_access_log."
> suffix=".log"
>         pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
> </Host>