Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by huang zhimin <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/19 12:37:32 UTC

performance differ between windows xp and ubuntu

I have a web service app that is tested by jmeter. The server is tomcat
using axis and is deployed on Windows XP.
When I test it with jmeter Web Service(SOAP) Request on another Windows XP
machine, the performance is 4000+ milliseconds,
but when I test it with jmeter on Ubuntu, the performance is just 70+
milliseconds.
Why there is so much difference between the two platforms?

--
My msn spaces: http://flyerhzm.spaces.live.com

Re: performance differ between windows xp and ubuntu

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/01/2008, huang zhimin <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a web service app that is tested by jmeter. The server is tomcat
> using axis and is deployed on Windows XP.
> When I test it with jmeter Web Service(SOAP) Request on another Windows XP
> machine, the performance is 4000+ milliseconds,
> but when I test it with jmeter on Ubuntu, the performance is just 70+
> milliseconds.

How many samples? What's the range of values?

> Why there is so much difference between the two platforms?

What are the differences between the two platforms you used?
Hardware, Memory, CPU, JMeter versions, JMeter memory config, Java
versions, network card, network connectivity, network config, other
activity?

All the above can have some effect.