Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Aaron Kamienski <aa...@vidiom.com> on 2003/06/18 22:11:14 UTC

PJava 1.2 compatibility

Hello,

I'm trying to use Xerces 2.4.0 under PJava 1.2a (which is essentially
JDK 1.1.8 with the Java2 security model thrown in plus or minus some other
things).  However, I have run into a problem where the SecuritySupport
classes (in org.apache.xerces.util) assume other Java2 features based on
the presence of Java2 security features.

In particular, SecuritySupport12 assumes Java2 ClassLoader support.
It calls ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader().

I suppose there should be some intermediate SecuritySupport subclass
that implemented getSystemClassLoader() as in SecuritySupport but
implemented the other security operations as in SecuritySupport12.

Has anyone else run into this?  Does anyone have a good solution?

thanks,

ajk

--
Aaron Kamienski