Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/04/23 21:11:14 UTC

RE: AW: Companies Using Subversion

hi

I would like use Subversion in my curret web application which is deveoping using html/javascript and php.

i really confusion how to  start, where to start and how add my curr ent all of my files.

can any one please help on this?

thanks
Nice

Re: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Kurt Pruenner!

>> i have created one repository i.e:
>> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test
>>
>> My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore
>>
>> I want to add this current project folder to created repository.
>>
>> i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting
>> error. please help on this.

> You might want to try TortoiseSVN[1] if the Windows subversion command
> line client is giving you too much trouble...

> [1] http://tortoisesvn.net/

Not the best advice. Without clear understanding of the base mechanics, it's
hard to track issues with GUI tools.
And they tend to arise more often if you don't know the basics.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by Kurt Pruenner <le...@gmx.at>.
webpost@tigris.org wrote:
> i have created one repository i.e:
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test
>
> My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore
>
> I want to add this current project folder to created repository.
>
> i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting
> error. please help on this.

You might want to try TortoiseSVN[1] if the Windows subversion command
line client is giving you too much trouble...

[1] http://tortoisesvn.net/

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......

RE: AW: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by we...@tigris.org.
Hi Bob,

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 23, 2009, at 18:35, webpost@tigris.org wrote:

> i have created one repository i.e:
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test
>
> My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore
>
> I want to add this current project folder to created repository.
>
> i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting
> error.
> please help on this.
>
> "C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:/test
>
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/test/some/project
> svn: Invalid URL 'D:/test/some/project'

See "svn help import":

-------------------------------
$ svn help import
import: Commit an unversioned file or tree into the repository.
usage: import [PATH] URL
-------------------------------

The first argument is the local filesystem path to the thing you want
to import. The second argument is the URL to the repository location
where you want to import it. So I believe you need:

svn import D:/yourstore file:///D:/test/some/project

RE: AW: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test
>
> My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore
>
> I want to add this current project folder to created repository.
>
> i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting
error.
> please help on this.
>
> "C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:/test
>
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/test/some/project
> svn: Invalid URL 'D:/test/some/project'

I think you need to do something like:

svn import d:/yourstore file://d:/test

or perhaps:

svn import d:/yourstore file:///d:/test

BOb

Re: AW: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, webpost@tigris.org!

> i have created one repository i.e:
> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test

> My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore

> I want to add this current project folder to created repository.

> i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting error.
> please help on this.

> "C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:/test

> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/test/some/project
> svn: Invalid URL 'D:/test/some/project'

You should really start reading svnbook right now.

svnadmin addressing repositories through local paths.
svn addressing repositories through URL only.
Thus,

svnadmin create D:/test
svn import mytree file:///D:/test/some/project

> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/yourstore
> svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

You've created D:/test, where you think svn would look for "yourstore"?

> C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree file://D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial i
> mports"
> svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
> svn: Unable to open repository 'file://D:/yourstore'
> svn: Can't open file '\\D:\yourstore\format': The filename, directory name, or v
> olume label syntax is incorrect.

Obviously, the server name "D:" is malformed at the very least.
URL basics:
If <hostname> is missed, localhost is assumed.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

RE: AW: Companies Using Subversion

Posted by we...@tigris.org.
Hi Bob,

i have created one repository i.e:
C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:\test

My current working projec folder is: D:\yourstore

I want to add this current project folder to created repository.

i am trying to use svn import command like below. but iam getting error.
please help on this.

"C:\Program Files\Subversion>svnadmin create D:/test

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/test/some/project
svn: Invalid URL 'D:/test/some/project'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/yourstore
svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/yourstore -m "Initial imports"
svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial imports"

svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import D:/test  D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial import
s"
svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import D:/test file:/// D:/yourstore/ -m "Initia
l imports"
svn: Too many arguments to import command

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree file:///yourstore/ -m "Initial imp
orts"
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import D:/test file:///yourstore/ -m "Initial im
ports"
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree file://D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial i
mports"
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository 'file://D:/yourstore'
svn: Can't open file '\\D:\yourstore\format': The filename, directory name, or v
olume label syntax is incorrect.

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial imports"

svn: Invalid URL 'D:/yourstore'

C:\Program Files\Subversion>svn import mytree file: D:/yourstore/ -m "Initial im
ports"
svn: Error resolving case of 'file:'

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> Thanks Bob.
> i have some quick question.
>
> 1 have created one local repositary folder using " svnadmin create
> D:\MySvn "
>
> ex. D:\MySvn
>
> how to add my all current files to this repository?
>
> plase help on this.

Look at the svn import command in the svn book. Or you can type svn help
import on the cli.

BOb

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> I would like use Subversion in my curret web application which is
> deveoping using html/javascript and php.
>
> i really confusion how to  start, where to start and how add my curr
ent
> all of my files.

Really, I think the best place to start is the subversion book. Anything
basic anyone here could post to you is in that book.

Start with chapters 1 and 2... then if you have question come back here
and ask for clarifications if you'd like.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html

BOb