Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/21 17:12:30 UTC

One class one file?

Hi all,

i figured out that not every class in log4php has it's own file.
Can we agree on that convention? I really find this usefull,
esspecially for PHP.

Regards,
Christian

Re: One class one file?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> I see that helpers/LoggerPatternConverter.php has many classes. I'm fine
> with having multiple classes in the same file if the are classes that is
> tightly tied to the main class in that particular file.

OK

> I think we have more important stuff to work on than moving classes around
> ;)

Well, sometimes one is not able to do complex work, moving classes
around helps then. And I think this should be done before 2.0.

Cheers
Christian

Re: One class one file?

Posted by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no>.
Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Have to check again - sorry, i wrote this in march hehe :-)
> Maybe we should add an Jira task?

I see that helpers/LoggerPatternConverter.php has many classes. I'm fine
with having multiple classes in the same file if the are classes that is
tightly tied to the main class in that particular file.

I think we have more important stuff to work on than moving classes
around ;)

Knut

Re: One class one file?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> i figured out that not every class in log4php has it's own file.
>> Can we agree on that convention?
>
> Fine, which files do you think of? I'm working on the autoload
> implementation and would like to know ;)

Have to check again - sorry, i wrote this in march hehe :-)
Maybe we should add an Jira task?

Btw, please see my other questions about autoload.

Christian

Re: One class one file?

Posted by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no>.