Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Xianyi Ye <ye...@sina.com> on 2014/07/15 04:22:53 UTC

Does JClouds can detect the operation system information from Image automatically?

Hi all,

Does JClouds can detect the operation system information from Image
automatically?

I have a requirement which needs to get all Images' operation system
information, such as OS, family name and 32/64bit.

Is there anyone how to implement it?

Thanks,

Xianyi Ye

Re: Does JClouds can detect the operation system information from Image automatically?

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For this, jclouds depends on the image metadata provided by the cloud
provider / api.

Code like that below will retrieve all images, and the OS info for each.

         Set<? extends Image> images = computeService.listImages();
         for (Image image : images) {
             OperatingSystem os = image.getOperatingSystem();
             String arch = os.getArch();
             OsFamily family = os.getFamily();
             String name = os.getName();
             String version = os.getVersion();