Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shabada, Gnaneshwer" <sh...@toysrus.com> on 2004/10/13 19:09:16 UTC

bean:define

Hi,
I am using <bean:define> tag to define a conditional attribute to use it
somewhere else. So when I am using this id that variable is expecting an
"int" value. I have my tag as below.

			<bean:define id="sortIndex" value="1"
type="java.lang.Integer">
			</bean:define>

I am using it as below

<display:table name="sessionScope.searchResults" pagesize="5"
defaultsort="{sortIndex}" defaultorder="descending" export="{exportIndex}"

id="register">

But since defaultsort is expecting an integer, it blows with
NumberFormatException. I can't figure out what else to do?

Any help is appreciated.

TIA
GNan