Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ceaser Ivan Washington <cs...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/14 13:29:10 UTC

HBase shell fails to start until 10 am?

Hello,

When I type "hbase shell" before 10 am, OS shell returns a message like the
following:

"Could not find or load main class hmmss.log."

(hmmss stands for the local time of HBase cluster.
For example, hmmss is 74500 at 7:45 am.)

After 10 am, including after 12 pm, this is not the case.
In other words, I can only kick HBase's shell from 10 am (probably before
the new day begins).
Is there anybody who knows something about this behaviour?

Regards,
Ceaser Ivan Washington

Re: HBase shell fails to start until 10 am?

Posted by Ceaser Ivan Washington <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

My HBase is running in fully-distributed mode.
I am using Hadoop and HBase from Cloudera of cdh3u5 over Ubuntu 12.04.1.
I have installed ntp in all nodes and they all have the synchronized time.
I have configured nothing on crontab.

Regards,
Ceaser Ivan Washington

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.