Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ferindo Middleton <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 04:40:33 UTC

j_security_check is there a way to force users to renew password

Is there a way to force users to renew their password or enforce password
rules using the native j_security_check authentication mechanisms of tomcat?

Ferindo

Re: j_security_check is there a way to force users to renew password

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Hi Ferindo,

No, there is not.  j_security_check implements simple container-managed
authentication (sometimes called J2EE security), and that does not
include password management of any sort.  At work for instance, we have
built a whole security framework on top of J2EE security to deal with
just the kinds of things you are talking about.  I'm afraid you'll have
to do the same, or look around for a project that already has (I'm not
aware of any off-hand).

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti