Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com> on 2011/05/16 14:25:41 UTC

Minor bug in org.apache.karaf.deployer.kar.KarArtifactInstaller

Hi,

I've just been restarting a karaf instance a lot and become irritated by a log message that appears right at the start of the log file.
Looking into the message to try to make it go away it looks as though the logic is back to front and the message shouldn't be appearing anyway.

In KarArtifactInstaller.java, is this logic the way it's meant to be:
64                           if (new File(timestampPath).mkdirs()) {
65                                           logger.warn("Unable to create directory for Karaf Archive timestamps. Results may vary...");
66                           }

Is wrong?  Is there a jira for it already?  Would you like me to file one.

Thanks.

Jim

Re: Minor bug in org.apache.karaf.deployer.kar.KarArtifactInstaller

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jim,

please file a JIRA for it and please also provide which version is
affected, thanx.

regards, Achim

2011/5/16 Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com>:
> Hi,
>

> I’ve just been restarting a karaf instance a lot and become irritated by a
> log message that appears right at the start of the log file.
>
> Looking into the message to try to make it go away it looks as though the
> logic is back to front and the message shouldn’t be appearing anyway.
>

> In KarArtifactInstaller.java, is this logic the way it’s meant to be:
>
> 64                           if (new File(timestampPath).mkdirs()) {
>
> 65                                           logger.warn("Unable to create
> directory for Karaf Archive timestamps. Results may vary...");
>
> 66                           }
>

> Is wrong?  Is there a jira for it already?  Would you like me to file one.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Jim

*Achim Nierbeck*

Committer & Project Lead