Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk> on 2009/01/14 14:16:10 UTC

C2.2 - Where is bu.js? (AJAX related)

I'm getting myself into a terrible mess trying to make a simple
suggestion list using CFORMS and Ajax.

I've no problem with the cocoon-webapp samples... they run fine.  The
problem arises in knowing which bits of the samples to extract to make a
single stand-alone app.  Perhaps I approached this process the wrong way
around but I thought I'd start with a brand new Cocoon block fresh from
running maven and build it up from that.

I'm now getting a version of my form appearing in a browser but instead
of a list of autocompleting names I get a plain textbox with an index
number in it and a long exception list gets generated.  The upshot of
the exception list is a couple of missing pipeline matchers: -

  ..
  Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline
matched request: resource/external/bu/manifest.js
  ..
  javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched
request: resource/external/bu.js
  ..

I've searched the entire cocoon trunk but can't find bu.js anywhere...
I presume it is short for 'browser update' but where is this file located?

Regards,
David Legg

Re: C2.2 - Where is bu.js? (AJAX related)

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de>.
Hi David,

> So, now I've moved on to being able to display the form correctly
> with no exceptions but no Ajax based updates are occurring either.
> When I run the Cocoon suggestion list demo in Firefox using Firebug
> I can see the following requests everytime I press another key in
> the suggestion field:
>
> http://localhost:8888/samples/forms/_cocoon/forms/suggest?widget=personId&continuation-id=16818d627c615b3238016c56685f5250641b6b61&filter=16&phase=init
>
> However, my test application isn't doing this so I suspect there is
> something else I need to enable first.

Your field has the correct type?

iirc <ft:widget id="foo" type="suggest"> or <fi:styling
type="suggest"> is needed (both should work). This should result in
the correct dojoType (CFormsSuggest or something like that)  being set
on the field (assuming you want a simple suggestion list).

Don't have the time to look it up right now but I hope this helps
nevertheless.

Re: C2.2 - Where is bu.js? (AJAX related)

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
> That suggests to me that, even though I'm sure the
> BrowserUpdateTransformer is listed in my pipeline, it isn't working
> yet.  I'll experiment.

As you suspected, it turns out the BrowserUpdateTransformer was *not*
being called as it was in the wrong pipeline!  Thanks for the hint.

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
Hi Benjamin,

> Solution is to make sure you use the browser-update transformer
> correctly. Let me know if I am right.

Thanks for the explanations.  That makes a lot more sense.  If I look at
the source of the generated page it still has tags like:

  <bu:replace id="name">

surrounding the various fields. That suggests to me that, even though

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de>.
Hi David,

afaik there is no bu.js - however these errors might have a different
cause: You most probably forgot to use the browser-update transformer
in you display pipeline which causes <bu:*> element to go through the
browser.

When dojo parses the page "bu" is interpreted as a dojo namespace
which causes the browser to query for bu/manifest.js etc… (Actually
this caused me a lot of headache some time ago).

Solution is to make sure you use the browser-update transformer
correctly. Let me know if I am right.

Best regards

Benjamin