Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Ashima.Hosalkar" <as...@mentorix.com> on 2003/06/02 06:13:05 UTC

test

Re: Accessing source files from cvs

Posted by Christian Kreutzfeldt <ch...@gmx.de>.
On Monday 02 June 2003 15:07, Ashima.Hosalkar wrote:
Hi!

> it is some firewall /other issue.
Maybe. I have got the same problems if I try to access a cvs repository
through a vpn connection.

> This is how I tried through Eclipse :
>
> I created cvs Repository in eclipse - with pserve:url and the directory as
> /home/cvspublic  with user/pass- anoncvs and then tried connecting.
> Do you think I am missing some steps here ?
No, that sounds good. I think it is a network problem. I mean, the client
seems to find the server but the connection cannot be established. Maybe
the firewall.

With regards,
  Christian

RE: Accessing source files from cvs

Posted by "Ashima.Hosalkar" <as...@mentorix.com>.
Hi Christain,

I downloaded Eclipse and tried to checkout files from apache I am still
getting the same error.
However I am able to browse that Url (http://cvs.apache.org).Do you think it
is some firewall /other issue.
This is how I tried through Eclipse :

I created cvs Repository in eclipse - with pserve:url and the directory as
/home/cvspublic  with user/pass- anoncvs and then tried connecting.
Do you think I am missing some steps here ?

Thanks for your help,
Ash

On Monday 02 June 2003 11:41, Ashima.Hosalkar wrote:
Hi!

> What is the url that you are using  ?
I tried the one that you posted.

With regards,
  Christian

Re: Accessing source files from cvs

Posted by Christian Kreutzfeldt <ch...@gmx.de>.

Posted by "Ashima.Hosalkar" <as...@mentorix.com>.
Hi,

What is the url that you are using  ?

Thanks
Ash

Posted by Christian Kreutzfeldt <ch...@gmx.de>.

Posted by "Ashima.Hosalkar" <as...@mentorix.com>.
Hi,

I have set cvsroot but when I hit the following command it says connection
timed out.Is there any other way or cvs clent which can do the work for me
Currently I am using CVS command line tool.

cvs-1.11.5 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic
CVS password:
cvs-1.11.5 [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(208.185.179.13):2401
failed: Connection timed out

Thanks
Ash
Posted by Christian Kreutzfeldt <ch...@gmx.de>.