Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by David Wood <Da...@thestreet.com> on 2003/07/11 21:41:13 UTC

Trying to make a patch, confused by Tomcat's CVS setup

Hi, I have two patches for outstanding bugs of 4.1.24. I'm trying to pull
down sources via CVS, both to make sure these patches are still needed,
and to build the patch files themselves. I followed the instructions here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

I pulled out files tagged TOMCAT_4_1_24. But, when I happened to compare
what I pulled down to what is in the 4.1.24 source archive distributed
from the Tomcat site, I found radical differences.

What am I doing wrong? IOW, what repository are the source release
archives built from, and how can I get at it?

P.S. On the file that I checked, the majority of the text was different,
but the most interesting difference to me was at the top; I include it
here in case it may this more clear. The first block is from the CVS
checkout I did (labeled TOMCAT_4_1_24), the second is from the archive
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14.zip:

2,4c2,4
<  * $Header:
/home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/jasper/src/share/org/apache/jasper/JspC.java,v
1.15 2002/05/16 00:41:26 kinman Exp $
<  * $Revision: 1.15 $
<  * $Date: 2002/05/16 00:41:26 $
---
>  * $Header:
/home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/JspC.java,v
1.12.2.6 2003/03/17 20:53:39 costin Exp $