Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca> on 2001/04/09 18:48:27 UTC

Re: put an object in the application

Patrick.Pierra@linedata.com wrote:

> what is the equivalent to session.setAttribute("aName", anObject) but whith
> an application scope
>
> thanks

Hi :-)  I am not sure, I suggest the following:
in the  following three kinds of "setAttribute/getAttribute":
-0 ServletContext.setAttribute/getAttribute
-1 HttpSession.setAttribute/getAttribute
-2 (Http)ServletRequest.setAttribute/getAttribute

both 0 and 1 are All "webapp scoped". for example,
I can save a object into ServletContext in MyServlet0,
and get it from ServletContext in MyServlet1(MyServlet0
and MyServlet1 are in the same webapp), because in
one webapp, there is only one ServletContext.

Bo
Apr.09, 2001

Apache 2.0 mod_webapp?

Posted by "T. Park" <tp...@borland.com>.
Hello,

what's the concensus on Apache 2.0?

Is there a mod_webapp for Apache 2.0 as well as Apache 1.3 and if so what's
the recommended route (ie. 1.3 vs. 2.0 Apache)?

-Thom

--
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html