Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Sujeet Varakhedi <sv...@pivotal.io> on 2014/09/23 19:30:37 UTC

UI does not shadow Password fields

With a new service definition for HAWQ on PHD stack, I am creating a
configuration file with a password field for Admin Passwords. The field
shows up in UI but does not shadow user input. Known issue or I am missing
something. Here is how the config looks:

  <property require-input = "true">
    <name>hawq.user.password</name>
    <value></value>
    <property-type>PASSWORD</property-type>
    <description>HAWQ Admin Password</description>
  </property>

Sujeet

Re: UI does not shadow Password fields

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Sujeet,

Your observation is correct.
Currently, config categorization metadata is embedded in Ambari Web.
Ideally this information can be made part of the stack definition.

Yusaku

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Sujeet Varakhedi
<sv...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Another related question is, can we control the configuration categories
> that show up  in UI? Based on scanning the code seems like its managed by
> ambari-web javascripts.
>
> Thanks
> Sujeet
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Sujeet Varakhedi <sv...@pivotal.io>
> wrote:
>
>> Sure. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7466
>>
>> Sujeet
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sujeet,
>>>
>>> This is a bug.
>>> Ambari Web is not using these property-type attributes in the stack
>>> definition yet to determine whether it should be rendered as a
>>> password field or not.
>>> Can you go ahead and file a JIRA?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Yusaku

>>> missing

>>> --
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>>> that
>>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>>> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: UI does not shadow Password fields

Posted by Sujeet Varakhedi <sv...@pivotal.io>.