Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vincent <vi...@medisite.net> on 2001/11/05 12:38:39 UTC

Install Cocoon 1.8.2 on linux slackware

Hi,

when i try to build cocoon 1.8.2, i've got this error message :
./build.sh : line 26 : 260 Segmentation fault $JAVA_HOME/bin/java
-Dant.home=$ANT_HOME -classpath $LOCALCLASSPATH org.apache.tools.ant.Main $*

What have i done wrong ?

Thanks.

Vince.

Re: Install Cocoon 1.8.2 on linux slackware

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.

Vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when i try to build cocoon 1.8.2, i've got this error message :
> ./build.sh : line 26 : 260 Segmentation fault $JAVA_HOME/bin/java
> -Dant.home=$ANT_HOME -classpath $LOCALCLASSPATH
> org.apache.tools.ant.Main $*

I have been running both Cocoon1 and 2 on Slackware. Never had any
serious problems I cannot see what could be wrong in your case. What
exactly is your environment: Slackware Version, Java, glibc, etc.

I have JDK1.3, Slackware 7, Linux kernel 2.2.16, glibc 2.2.

I have had one problem with build.sh. It turned out that the file was
written on a Windows machine. When I was building Cocoon with build.sh,
the script could not even find ant.I have used the dos2unix utility to
convert build.sh (a plain text file in DOS format) to UNIX format. And
that solved everything. It may work for you as well.

> What have i done wrong ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Vince.

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/

AW: Install Cocoon 1.8.2 on linux slackware

Posted by Adnan Zelkanovic <a....@allgaeu.net>.
You have nothing done wrong, because this is a bug of JDK.
But, run "ulimit -s 2048" before running "build.sh", then it should work.