Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 00:40:59 UTC

[bigbang] Bug fixes to trunk or bigbang?

Hi, Directory developers,

I have email access from work now, but still no IM.  I noticed bigbang
was merged?  I take it this means new fixes to apacheds should go
against trunk now?  If so, then bigbang is no longer used and then why
does the branch still exist?

Enrique

Re: [bigbang] Bug fixes to trunk or bigbang?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Yes that's probably the most pain free way without having to waste time
merging back and forth.  Eventually I guess we will do the same thing that
we did this past week: that is just replace the present trunk with the
bigbang branches.

Alex

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi, Directory developers,

Hi Enrique,
www.meebo.com. May work :)
> I noticed bigbang was merged?
More exactly, bigbang has become trunk.
> I take it this means new fixes to apacheds should go
> against trunk now?
No, we are still "bigbanging".
> If so, then bigbang is no longer used and then why
> does the branch still exist?

Because we are now in phase II : replacing the JNDI parts (Attributes,
Attribute, ModificationItem) by our own parts (Entry, EntryAttribute,
Value and all their inherited parts). As soon as those changes will be
done, we will move bigbang to trunk and start Phase III, which is not
completly defined.

FYI, Phase II is described here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/December+2007

FYI too, the bigbang -> trunk move was important because we needed to
expose a stabilized form of the configuration, for documentation purposes.

Hope those explainations are clear enough :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org