Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Purple Streak <mr...@googlemail.com> on 2008/09/22 20:30:22 UTC

Bug in merging folders with spaces in the names

I've been testing this all day and I think this is a bug when using
HTTP access (svn:// access seems to work ok)

You can read my original 2 posts to SVN Users here
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-09/0747.shtml
and here
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-09/0748.shtml

I tried this in a fresh repository (a dump of which is a mere 2Kb text
file which I can zip and send to anyone who wants it!)
I set up a fairly normal structure like this  (note spaces in Current
Projects and The Doc)

+-Repo/

  +-Current Projects/

    +-The Doc/

      +-branches/

      +-tags/

      +-trunk/

I then added a text file into trunk and the did svn copy
http://server/Repo/Current%20Projects/The%20Doc/branches/b1.

I then created a working copy of ../branches/b1 and trunk. And then in
the b1 working copy:

svn merge http://server/svn/Repo/Current%20Projects/The%20Doc/trunk

and then in the wc of trunk
svn merge --reintegrate
http://server/svn/Repo/Current%20Projects/The%20Doc/branches/b1

and get the error

svn: URL 'http://server/svn/Repo/Current Projects/The Doc/branches/b1'
is malformed or the scheme or host or path is missing.

If I get svnserve to serve the same repository and get a trunk check
out via that then I can merge from the branch b1 ok using a svn://
url.