Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2014/01/18 17:59:21 UTC

Re: tons of forged bills in german

>> Michael Monnerie wrote:
>> > Dear list, since this week there are tons of very good forged bills
>> > that look like real, from big companies like telekom, vodafone, etc.
>> > They look like the original, and just the link in the middle, where it
>> > says "download your bill here", goes to a site containing trojans.
>>
>> These fake bills with a link to a virus should be caught by a virus
>> protection
>> in your mailer.
>>
>>    Mark

Hi Mark,

yes and no .... virus protection sort of means that either the url must appear on a blacklist
or the crap actually be downloaded for inspection.

>From a differnt point of view ... these are big companies capable of running their own
mail servers (rather than relying on outside service companies to send out the mails)
I am customer of one of these companies, and I get mails via an ISP that is a daughter
company. Why the hell couldn't the sender use SPF or DKIM and the ISP then actually filter
on that. Reducing the possible audience by 90% with this simple step would help.

Too bad they are too big to listen to suggestions from their customers...

Wolfgang

Re: tons of forged bills in german

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.
On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 16:59 +0000, hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:

> From a differnt point of view ... these are big companies capable of running their own
> mail servers (rather than relying on outside service companies to send out the mails)
> I am customer of one of these companies, and I get mails via an ISP that is a daughter
> company. Why the hell couldn't the sender use SPF or DKIM and the ISP then actually filter
> on that. Reducing the possible audience by 90% with this simple step would help.
>
> Too bad they are too big to listen to suggestions from their customers...
>
> Wolfgang

+1 to that!