Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Wisler, Trina" <Tr...@hp.com> on 2011/07/20 06:18:39 UTC

LDAP Authentication

I am wondering if there is a version of qpid that supports authentication using LDAP.  If so, can someone point me do a description of how to do this?  And if not, is there a plan to support this?

Thanks in advance.
Trina Wisler

Re: LDAP Authentication

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 07/20/2011 05:18 AM, Wisler, Trina wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a version of qpid that supports authentication using LDAP.  If so, can someone point me do a description of how to do this?  And if not, is there a plan to support this?

On linux, the c++ broker uses Cyrus SASL for authentication and that can
be set up to use LDAP. I have not tried it out myself, but there are
details in the Cyrus SASL documentation for your platform.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: LDAP Authentication

Posted by Keith Wall <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trina

On the Java broker, I have been working on QPID-3283.   It has made changes
to allow alternate authentication modules to be plugged into Qpid to allow
authentication decisions to be delegated to an external system such as an
'LDAP' Directory.  There is also provision for group information to be
returned to the broker so that it may be used in the ACLs.    There is no
LDAP module yet, but I believe that it would now be straightforward to
produce.

Kind regards Keith Wall.