Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/31 02:14:12 UTC

Exception when joining a data node

Hi Guys - I am getting this error these days, What does this mean and why am
I getting into this error when I am doing a Ignition.stop(false) when I
shutdown the server.

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to start
SPI: TcpDiscoverySpi [addrRslvr=null, sockTimeout=5000, ackTimeout=5000,
marsh=JdkMarshaller
[clsFilter=org.apache.ignite.marshaller.MarshallerUtils$1@3e8afc2d],
reconCnt=10, reconDelay=2000, maxAckTimeout=600000, forceSrvMode=false,
clientReconnectDisabled=false, internalLsnr=null]
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.GridManagerAdapter.startSpi(GridManagerAdapter.java:300)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager.start(GridDiscoveryManager.java:939)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startManager(IgniteKernal.java:1682)
	... 14 more
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: BaselineTopology
of joining node (bf40986d-fba5-4985-b128-d30bb45228e7) is not compatible
with BaselineTopology in the cluster. Branching history of cluster BlT
([1649854264, 548904244]) doesn't contain branching point hash of joining
node BlT (0). Consider cleaning persistent storage of the node and adding it
to the cluster again.
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.checkFailedError(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1946)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl.joinTopology(ServerImpl.java:969)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl.spiStart(ServerImpl.java:391)
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.spiStart(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:2020)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.GridManagerAdapter.startSpi(GridManagerAdapter.java:297)

Thanx and Regards,
KR Kumar

Re: Exception when joining a data node

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I think you should completely wipe persistence on "newly joining node" and
re-join it.

Ilya Kasnacheev

пт, 31 янв. 2020 г. в 16:54, krkumar24061975@gmail.com <

Posted by Andrei Aleksandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are you sure that you saw this message on node stopping? It's strange
because the following message should appear on node joining (and you can
see it from the stack trace):

BaselineTopology of joining node (bf40986d-fba5-4985-b128-d30bb45228e7)
is not compatible with BaselineTopology in the cluster. Branching
history of cluster BlT ([1649854264, 548904244]) doesn't contain
branching point hash of joining node BlT (0). Consider cleaning
persistent storage of the node and adding it to the cluster again.

I guess that following situations can explain it:

1)You faced the "split-brain" situation when different parts of your
cluster lose the connection to each other and continue working as
different clusters. To avoid it you can try to use

https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/plugin/segmentation/SegmentationResolver.html

2)Some of your nodes went offline. During this period the baseline was
changed and when this node was restarted it found that its baseline is
different.

3)Probably you started several nodes and activate the cluster. Then you
stop these nodes and start another node and activate it too. After these
steps, they will not be able to join each other.

The solution to the current situation was also described in the message.
You should clean the persistence store of the node that can't join to
the cluster.

Also I suggest to read next article:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology

BR,