Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vipul Agarwal <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/21 11:12:33 UTC

Fwd: Unable to create Maven Project using command Prompt

Hi,

I am trying to Maven Project through command prompt,so that i getting error
Please help ....
How to rectifying this issues.

C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src>mvn archetype:generate
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-instal
> l-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.jar
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
> n-install-plugin:2.3.1: Plugin
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3
> .1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer
> artifact
>   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.3.1 from central
> (http://re
> po1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable:
> connect

Thanks & Regards
Vipul Agarwal

Re: Fwd: Unable to create Maven Project using command Prompt

Posted by Dishant Anand <di...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi Vipul,

Can you please check your network connections.? If this is not the case
you might be behind a proxy and In order to sort that try adding
following part into the settings.xml
This file settings.xml is generally present under your .m2 folder under
your user home directory.

If one is not present then you can add the settings.xml file alongside
your repository folder inside .m2

*<proxies>
         <proxy>
             <active>true</active>
             <protocol>http</protocol>
             <host>proxy-host</host>
             <port>proxy-port</port>
         </proxy>
</proxies>

*In case you are not behind a proxy , but your settings.xml contains
this element . Please remove it
*
*Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dishant anand

Re: Unable to create Maven Project using command Prompt

Posted by Bernd Prager <be...@prager.ws>.
It says the network is unreachable. You might be behind a proxy. Check you settings in ${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml.