Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2012/10/01 10:40:47 UTC

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Documentation" by NoahSlater

On 29 September 2012 13:51, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The "Documentation" page has been changed by NoahSlater:
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Documentation?action=diff&rev1=17&rev2=18
>
>   There is no makefile support yet. It should do the following:
>
>    * make sure search works
> +   * current get an error
> +   * "XMLHttpRequest cannot load file://[...]/share/docs/build/html/searchindex.js. Origin null is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin."

This does work (at least it did last week) but your browser won't load
from filesystem (CORS err). Try using mongoose or whatever to serve
the folder directly & check over http://localhost. Does it still fail?

>    * check sphinx-build is in path
>      * check sphinx, docutils, and pygments are installed

I'd not bother with all that. If sphinx-build is in the path & the
modules aren't it won't run anyway, so make should pick up the error,
right?

>      * add note to readme about these being required for docs, like help2man

Underway.

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Documentation" by NoahSlater

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure the PDF target you are using will still build all the
> HTML & search.js components, but its not important at this point.

Clarify?

--
NS

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Documentation" by NoahSlater

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 1 October 2012 12:33, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I've moved these all to JIRA. Check the Documentation component.
>
> I plan to work on this all week. Don't want to step on your toes. I'm happy
> to see this through to completion. Do you have anything staged and ready to
> commit, or is there something you wanted to work on? (Happy to share the
> work also, but we should co-ordinate.)

A couple of people are already working on changes into the actual rst
files, so if you can leave them alone & do your autotools thing
without fiddling with share/doc/src/*.rst that would be great. I'll
keep an eye on the jiras too & keep any updates timely.

I'm not sure the PDF target you are using will still build all the
HTML & search.js components, but its not important at this point.

Many thanks for sorting this out!

A+
Dave

Re: [Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Documentation" by NoahSlater

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Dave,

--
NS