Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2017/04/06 16:06:05 UTC

A call to arms (for fortress case studies)

Hello,

Today we lack publications describing fortress usage in production.

Are you using fortress today?  If so I need your help.  We need case studies, how it’s being used, and the results of that usage.

Where to publish the case study is another matter.  If you don’t have blog or wiki, we could do it on the project website.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: A call to arms (for fortress case studies)

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On May 9, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Yudhi Karunia Surtan <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is the link of my testimony to apache fortress,
> *http://directory.staging.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html
> <http://directory.staging.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html>*
> I wish this page can be publish to public page so other people might have
> the same benefit as me using apache fortress. There i also give an example
> case for generic use case.
> I hope those example might become a trigger for other person or community
> to give ideas for solve their problems.

Hello Yudhi, Combing CAS and Fortress via a declarative filtering mechanism is an effective means for integrating SSO and properly securing web apps.  First, it is programmer unaware, which is fail-safe.  Second, you’ve managed to combine the sessions for the two which is something rarely done in practice.  Congrats on this impressive work and for a solid security solution.  You’ve done very well.

And thanks to you and your team for this contribution to our community. Perhaps one day we can more closely integrate this into our project, but in any case it’s a best-practice and I encourage others to try it.

Here is the link on prod: http://directory.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html

Posted by Yudhi Karunia Surtan <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yudhi Karunia Surtan <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

I'm using fortress live at my production level, i did combine it with cas,
spring security and fortress to make a request filter for our internal
application.
I willing to help this project to spread, so other developer life also
getting more easier in term of the securing their apps.

However, I'm not a good documentation writer but i want to contribute back
to the community because this project help us to saving development time
and become a good example for me.
here is my previous idea (if you still remember),
https://github.com/yudhik/fortress-attribute-base-filtering

Please let me know what kind of story that you need and what file format
that you want to have.

Regards,

Yudhi Karunia Surtan
https://github.com/yudhik