Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shannon Ewing <Sh...@FactoryLogic.com> on 2003/05/09 23:41:42 UTC

Resource Bundle Scalability Problem?

We have a very large application that uses many resource bundle modules.
Everything works fine unless, it seems, the user does not allow the page to
finish loading and resubmits it again - like clicking on a menu link in one
frame which happens to load a Struts page in another and the user double
clicks the link. When this happens (one basically has to click fast on the
same link for this to happen) Struts seems to loose it's reference to the
correct resource bundle and we get instead things like:
???en_US.scheduling.from??? All text (resource fields) will be like this on
the page (it is, after all, an internationalized app).

We can duplicate this easily running under JRun 4. Have not been able to
duplicate the problem yet under Tomcat 4.1.18 or 4.1.24. Should have
WebSphere up next week to test on. Using Struts 1.1 RC 1 but initially saw
this with Struts 1.1 B3.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it some weird container issue or an odd
Stuts issue? Anyone have a solution? Most of the clients are using JRun 4
and it is not too hard to duplicate this problem by simulating "power user"
interaction (e.g. fast navigation, input, etc.) with the browser. Any help
would be appreciated!

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.